Best Western Plus Kelly Inn & Suites
1767 44th Street S, Fargo, ND 58103-7440
Phone: +1 701-282-2143 | Fax: 701-281-0243 | 83 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Welcome to Best Western Plus Kelly Inn & Suites!
The Fargo Dome® and Scheels® Arena are hot spots for special events and games year-round, and both are near our Fargo hotel.
We cater to many guests in town for the North Dakota State University, including visiting faculty and professors, students and their families, and those here for special events like weddings, family gatherings and games. If you're here for an extended stay, our spacious and quiet rooms are perfect for a home away from home. West Acres® Mall is also in the neighborhood, so picking up essentials is easy.
Our Beaver Dam Water Play-Land is a favorite place for the kids and parents to relax, but the manager's reception is what our adult guests look forward to. You'll find our hotel to be of great value, especially the free hot breakfast that greets guests every morning. Breakfast favorites are omelets, scrambled eggs, ham, bacon, hot waffles, fresh fruits and pastries, a cereal and yogurt selection with bottomless 100% Arabica coffee is a fantastic meal to wake up to.
Thunder Road Mini Golf is a short drive away and Newman's Outdoor Field home of the Red Hawks are seasonal attractions that guarantee family-friendly fun. The Red River Zoo® and Fargo Air Museum are two incredible getaways that are open year-round. The Hjemkomst Center attracts guests from around the region with its Vikings Ship.
Our Fargo hotel features a great location right off of I-94 with exceptional customer service. Our building looks like a lodge for a relaxing vacation. The fireplace in the lobby is the first thing many people notice, and it's the perfect backdrop for the beer, wine and appetizers reception Monday-Thursday. Major employers near our hotel are Sanford Health Medical Center, Eide Bailly LLP®, Blue Cross Blue Shield® and US Bank® Card Service Center, Otter Tail Corporation and Scheels® All Sports. From work to leisure, we cater to all here.
Book a room at Best Western Plus Kelly Inn & Suites today!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt, juice, and coffee
- Indoor pool, heated, Beaver Dam Water Play-Land with five water features and a mobility accessible pool lift
- Hot tub, whirlpool is located in the Water Play-Land Area
- Exercise facility, 24 Hour complimentary
- Universal gym
- Stationary bike, recumbant bike
- Treadmill, Precore
- Elevator, access to all floors
- Interior corridor
- 24-hour front desk
- Guest laundry, nominal fee
- Express check out
- Late check out, available upon request and based on availability.
- Safe deposit box, located at the front desk
- Children's activities, Beaver Dam Water Play-Land
- Cable or satellite television, standard cable channels available along with premium HBO® channel
- Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms; All guest rooms are hardwired for internet access.
- Business center, 24-hour, internet, scanning and other office supplies available.
- Printer available
- Fax services, available at the front desk and business center
- Computer available
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy services
- Photocopy machine
- Mail services, mail drop and stamps at the front desk.
- Meeting facilities, the Bears Den is a small executive board room which will hold up to 12 people. Audio/Visual equipment available for rent.
- Equipment rental
- Physically challenged services, wheelchair available
- Hearing impaired services, TTDY
- Physically challenged facilities mobility accessible pool lift
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Cold weather hook-ups, available on the exterior of the building.
- Ice/vending machines available on all floors.
- Airport car 24-hour, must be arranged by the front desk.
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Truck/RV parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Complimentary newspaper available at front desk
- 24-hour coffee and tea service
- Evening reception Monday-Thursday, 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Best Western Plus Kelly Inn & Suites
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus kelly inn & suites in Fargo.
Best Western Plus Kelly Inn & Suites
Conveniently located, the best western plus kelly inn & suites in Fargo, North Dakota is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 46.85318 / Latitude: -96.860463
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The north. Take Interstate 29 South to Interstate 94 West, than to Exit 348. Drive north for three blocks to 18th Avenue to the Best Western Plus Kelly Inn & Suites.
From: The south. Take Interstate 29 North to Interstate 94 West, than to Exit 348. Drive north for three blocks to 18th Avenue to the Best Western Plus Kelly Inn & Suites.
From: The west. Take Exit 348 from Interstate 94. Drive north for three blocks to 18th Avenue to the Best Western Plus Kelly Inn & Suites.
From: The east. Take Exit 348 from Interstate 94. Drive north for three blocks to 18th Avenue to the Best Western Plus Kelly Inn & Suites.
Best Western Plus Kelly Inn & Suites
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
The museum features displays of Native Americans of the Red River Valley through history, plus early farms and homesteading, and the modernization of North Dakota including an original 1903 Ford Model A.
The Fargo Air Museum showcases a wonderful collection of historic Warbirds, radio-controlled aircraft, and rotating aircraft on exhibit. EAA 317 restoration projects include, the Merlin GT, BT 13, Fisher 404, and the Stinson Reliant V77. The museum's future "Restoration and Education Wing" will help facilitate these projects.
Kids love climbing aboard the vintage WWII jeep, or into the cockpit of the Huey helicopter cockpit and polywagon airplane. Be sure to visit the Museum Gift Shop to browse the selection of clothing, models, books, toys, art and additional gift items. Enjoy your time in this wonderful Fargo museum for a touch of North Dakota heritage.
It's said the Roughrider State is one of the top states for beer consumption per capita, so four Fargo natives decided to open Fargo Brewing Co. to ensure local brews are part of the equation. Products from this North Dakota microbrewery started flowing through taps in 2011 after some contract brewing in Wisconsin, and the current brewery opened in 2013.
All beers through the Fargo Brewing Company are now produced on-site; the Tap Room is open Tuesday through Saturday, and tours of the whole apparatus are available on Saturdays.
Built in 1926, the Fargo Theatre is located in historic downtown Fargo in eastern North Dakota. Listed on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places, this art deco movie theatre was restored in 1999.
A non-profit management corporation, the historic Fargo Theatre showcases independent and foreign films. Encompassing two screens, this Fargo art house also hosts live music and performing arts.
Set at the Fargo-Moorhead Convention & Visitors Bureau, the Fargo Walk Of Fame features over 110 handprints, footprints, and signatures of famous celebrities. Located in Fargo, the walk yields world-renowned stars as well as North Dakota-based celebrities.
Celebrities include everyone from Bill Gates to Bob Dylan, George W. Bush, John Updike, REO Speedwagon, and Bert & Ernie. Found by Interstate 94, the free Fargo Walk Of Fame is open 24 hours from spring through fall on the Fargo-Moorhead Visitors Center grounds.
Fargo-Moorhead Visitors Center
Also known as the Grain Elevator, Visit Fargo-Moorhead is the nerve center for getting information about the area.
It includes the Fargo Walk Of Fame, plenty of informational pieces and staff members who can help you work out itineraries.
Set on the eastern North Dakota border, and coupled with the neighboring town of Moorhead, Minnesota, the Fargo-Moorhead Visitors Center is located on the south side of Fargo, just off Exit 348 along Interstate 94.
And for you Coen Brothers fans, don't miss the Wood Chipper Exhibit.
Fargodome seats 19,000 for football and over 25,000 for concerts. Headliners have included Justin Timberlake, Katy Perry, Pink, and Mötley Crüe; productions like Hair and Mamma Mia!; plus North Dakota events like rodeos, trade shows, the annual RibFest, and more.
Established in 1857, the Fort Abercrombie State Historic Site is set in eastern North Dakota, less than 40 miles south of Fargo. Known as the Gateway to the Dakotas, Fort Abercrombie was a military outpost on the Red River – and major player in the Dakota Conflict of 1862.
Fort Abercrombie is now a historic site complete with a museum, reconstructed bastions and palisade, and original military guardhouse. The fort is open daily from May through September, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Established in 1955 and located in eastern North Dakota the Grand Forks Air Force Base trains and deploys more than 1,300 Airmen. The base is home of the Air Mobility Command 319th Air Base Wing and its Mission Support and Medical group. The base was originally designated to be a Air Defense Command fighter-interceptor air base.
The base provides operational support for combatant commander and Air Expeditionary Force requirements. The base also supports the department of Homeland Security, Border Protection, and the 69th Reconnaissance Group. Enjoy a scheduled three-hour tour of the base while visiting Fargo.
A joint civil-military public airpark, the Hector International Airport (FAR) serves the city of Fargo in eastern North Dakota. Owned by the City of Fargo Municipal Airport Authority, FAR is served by major airlines like Allegiant, American, Delta, and United.
A 2,500-acre airport, FAR is home to one terminal and three runways – one of which is the longest runway in North Dakota. Established in 1927, FAR has nonstop services to Minneapolis, Chicago, and Denver.
Soaring 2,063 feet above the surrounding North Dakota terrain, the KVLY-TV tower – formerly the KTHI-TV Tower – went up in 1963. It was the first structure ever built beyond 2,000 feet, and was the tallest manmade structure from 1963 to 1974, and then again from 1991 until 2010.
It remains the tallest structure in the Western Hemisphere and third tallest structure in the world, after the Burj Khalifa and the Toyko Skytree in Japan. From Fargo, it’s about a 45-minute drive north on I-29 and west on Highway 200; the tower itself is in Blanchard about halfway between Fargo and Grand Forks.
Maple River Distillery uses local fruit (including rhubarb) to make brandy and vodka. They have a tasting room open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Saturday.
Set in historic downtown Casselton, Maple River also features the Maple River Distillery, and a tasting room open Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. – plus Saturday tours. Maple River flavors include Roughrider Raspberry Rhubarb Wine, Apple Jalapeno Pepper Wine, and Dandelion Wine.
Opened in 1996, Newman Outdoor Field is a baseball stadium found on campus at North Dakota State University. Located in Fargo in eastern North Dakota, the 4,513-seat baseball venue is known locally as the Nest.
Newman Outdoor Field is home to the AA’s Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks and the NCAA’s North Dakota State Bison. Owned by NDSU, the Nest also features the Maury Wills Museum.
For horseracing in North Dakota, this is the place. Actually, it’s both racing and education: this 110-acre site features the North Dakota Horse Park Racetrack and the North Dakota State University Equine Sciences Department.
Found in Fargo, the six furlong racetrack is state-of-the-art; there is stabling for over 400 horses, indoor and outdoor riding arenas and grandstand seating for 1,500 people. Over 3,000 show up for many races, which take place across nine or 10 days each summer.
Founded in 1903, the North Dakota State College of Science is located in Wahpeton, on the southeastern edge of North Dakota, south of Fargo. Under the motto “NDSCS The Science of Success,” the school offers two-year degrees in over 80 fields of study, and is part of the North Dakota University System.
The NDSCS Wildcats athletic teams are cheered on by mascot Willie as they compete in sports like basketball, football, and more, as part of the National Junior College Athletic Association. Former Governor of Montana Grant Nutter is a notable alumnus of the school.
Established in 1890, North Dakota State University is a research, land-grant university, located in Fargo. The university is in the elite category of "Research Universities/Very High Research Activity." With a student population of over 14,000, including satellite locations across North Dakota, NDSU is one of two North Dakota flagship universities.
Undergraduate and graduate programs including Masters, Educational Specialists, and Doctoral include: Accounting, Agricultural Education, Chemistry, Computer Engineering, Exercise Science, International Studies, Mathematics, and Physics, among many others.
Spanning over 50 acres, the Northern Plains Botanic Garden is located in Fargo in eastern North Dakota. Established in 1998, this non-profit garden is still in development, and also features classes, workshops, and events.
The Northern Plains Botanic Garden is a collection of eight gardens: Woodland Garden, Alerus Financial Butterfly Garden, Chrysanthemum Test Garden, Alphabet Garden, Rain Garden, Turnaround Garden, Seeds of Opportunity Garden, and the Hummingbird Patio – plus the upcoming Japanese-style Garden of Mind and Soul.
Originally established in 1965, the Plains Art Museum is located in downtown Fargo in eastern North Dakota. Accredited by the American Alliance of Museums. PAM is house in the renovated International Harvester warehouse.
PAM features permanent collection and a “Collection on Wheels” – a literal traveling gallery dubbed the Rolling Plains Art Gallery. The stationary galleries feature artwork from Andy Warhol, Salvador Dalí, James Rosenquist, and more.
Encompassing 33 acres in Fargo, the Red River Zoo is home to several endangered species. Over 300 native and exotic animals from around the world, from 75 different species live in this North Dakota zoo.
The zoo staff is dedicated to conservation, while educating its visitors. Enjoy strolling the zoo's beautiful rolling hills, ponds and streams, while admiring the animals.
The newly renovated Wings of the Orient exhibit is open, allowing visitors to walk inside and get close to five species of birds. The fall, winter and spring Zooventures family program is a great way to learn about a featured animal, each month.
The zoo is proud to announce the birth of triplet Chinese red pandas, the second set born to the zoo, which is very rare.
Established in 2003, the Red Trail Vineyards is located in eastern North Dakota – just west of Fargo. Found easily by Interstate 94, the winery is set on Buffalo Creek, and named for the Old Red Trail in the Dakota Territory days.
Red Trail wines include Red Trail White, Red Trail Red, Frontenac Gris, Alpha Rose, Marquette, and more. Come August, Red Trail Vineyards hosts the annual North Dakota Grape Harvest Festival & Grape Stomp.
Roger Maris Museum
Commemorating the New York Yankee outfielder from Fargo, the Roger Maris Museum was established in 1984.
North Dakota visitors may explore exhibits highlighting Maris' life. Maris is most famous for setting a Major League Baseball record in 1961 by hitting 61 home runs – breaking Babe Ruth's record of 60.
Located in the Fargo West Acres Shopping Center, the museum averages seven million visitors each year.
Stroll the museum to view the artifacts and displays from Maris' youth and baseball days. Relax in the video room and watch one of the videos, while sitting on actual Yankee Stadium seats.
Try to keep the bogeys to a minimum when you play a round of 18 at the Rose Creek Golf Course. Your next visit to Fargo in the eastern region of North Dakota should yield a fun, and challenging, day on the course. The Rose Creek Golf Course is just east of I-29, between 52nd Avenue South, and 40th Avenue South.
Enjoy this par-72 course across 18 of the most lush and well-maintained holes you'll find in all of Fargo. Opened in 1992, the Rose Creek Golf Course was designed by Richard M. Phelps, features a slope rating of 123, and a course rating of 71.4. Visit Fargo soon and card your share of birdies at Rose Creek Golf Course.
Opened in 2008, the Scheels Arena is a 5,000 to 6,000-seat multi-surface complex in southwest Fargo. Formerly known as the Urban Plains Center and UPC, this multi-purpose venue is home to Fargo Force of the USHL.
Owned and operated by the Metro Sports Foundation, the Scheels Arena also hosts North Dakota curling, rodeos, concerts, and festivals.
Open May through September, and weekends in October and November, the Thunder Road Family Fun Park is located in eastern North Dakota in Fargo. Established in 2001, Thunder Road offers mini-golf, bumper cars, go-karts, and more.
Thunder Road offers two, 18-hole miniature golf courses, a 1,100-foot go-kart track, a six-stall batting cage, and a 10-car bumper rink. Other amenities include an arcade, laser tag, food, prizes, and more.
Established in 1883, the University of North Dakota is set in eastern North Dakota in Grand Forks – just north of Fargo. A public research university, UND is the state’s largest and oldest university – and features over 220 fields of study.
Covering 550 acres – or 6,400,000 square feet – the UND campus features over 200,000 buildings, including the North Dakota Museum of Art and the Chester Fritz Auditorium. Other structures include the Ralph Engelstad Arena – home to the University of North Dakota athletics department.
Set at the intersection of Interstate 29 and Interstate 94, the West Acres Shopping Center is North Dakota's largest mall. Located in Fargo, West Acres Mall yields nearly 150 stores like Victoria's Secret, Best Buy, Gap, Kay Jewelers, and LOFT – plus food, museums, and more.
Established in 1972, the West Acres Mall is home to the Roger Maris Museum, the Fountain of Abundance, and the Touchstone Energy Dinosaur Playland – plus an aquarium, movie theater, and the Recess West play area.
Some residents cringed when this came on display, but with the popularity of the dark comedy movie Fargo (which didn’t actually take place in Fargo, North Dakota), the city’s place in cinematic history has been forever linked. And what better way to show that link then having the movie’s most gruesome prop on display? Yes, it’s the wood chipper, complete with a fake foot sticking out.
It’s on display at the Fargo-Moorhead Visitors Center, just off Interstate 94. Fans of the film can also check out copy of the screenplay, some ear-flapped hats to wear for pictures, and if you want a real-time reenactment of the famous accent, staff just might offer up a “darn tootin’!” or “you betcha!”
The Yunker Farm is centered around a brick house built in 1876 in Fargo; it was actually the first brick house in Dakota Territory. The Yunker Children's Museum features more than 50 hands-on exhibits for both children and parents.
The Yunker Farm itself sits on 55 acres and has a miniature train, carousel, playground, pumpkin patch, nature trails, miniature golf course, wild flower meadow, children's alphabet garden, butterfly garden, Pipi Longstockings Playhouse, community gardens, a dog park, and acres of wide open space. They’re doing something right: Child Magazine rated the farm as one of the top 25 children's museums in the country.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.20 mile(s) from Celebrity Walk of Fame, a little bit of Hollywood in the Midwest.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Roger Maris Museum, commemorates the accomplishments of the late, major-league baseball home run legends.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Red River Zoo, 33 acre zoo featuring 80 species of animals in natural habitats and a restored 1928 carousel.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Rheault Farm, home of a variety of festivals and events.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Thunder Road of Fargo, 38-go karts, two 18-hole miniature golf courses, six batting cages and more than 40 arcade games.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Vintner's Cellar
- 5.00 mile(s) from Bonanzaville, USA, a reconstructed pioneer village portraying life during the bonanza farming in the late 1800's.
- 5.00 mile(s) from Red River Fairgrounds, home of the Red River Valley Fair.
- 6.00 mile(s) from Fargo-Moorhead Symphony
- 6.00 mile(s) from F-M Opera Company
- 6.00 mile(s) from MSU Planetarium, environmental science.
- 7.00 mile(s) from Clay County Museum, several galleries filled with changing exhibits. Wide variety of local and historical topics.
- 7.00 mile(s) from Fargo Air Museum, one of the finest collections of historic aircraft in the country.
- 7.00 mile(s) from Fargo Theater
- 7.00 mile(s) from F-M Community Theater, live theatre from September until June.
- 7.00 mile(s) from Hjemkomst Center, features the replica Hjemkomst Viking ship.
- 7.00 mile(s) from Plains Art Museum, brings people and art together in downtown Fargo.
- 7.00 mile(s) from SS Ruby River Tours, narrated pontoon tours of the Red River during the summer.
- 7.00 mile(s) from Trollwood Performing Arts, an outdoor youth theatre program. Features various programs each summer.
- 8.00 mile(s) from Yunker Farm, a fun place where children and families can play, learn, create and interact through hands on exhibits.
- 15.00 mile(s) from Maple River Winery
- 0.20 mile(s) from Scheels®
- 0.30 mile(s) from West Acres Shopping Mall
- 8.00 mile(s) from Down Town Shopping Distri, The metro offers many retail venues for a wide variety of tastes. Many one of a kind shops.
- 9.00 mile(s) from Moorhead Center Mall
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 3.00 mile(s) from Sports Bubble, play golf year round.
- 5.00 mile(s) from Edgewood Municipal Golf C
- 5.00 mile(s) from El Zagal Golf Course
- 5.00 mile(s) from Osgood Golf Course, one of Fargo's newest courses.
- 5.00 mile(s) from NDSU Bison Athletics
- 5.00 mile(s) from North Dakota Horse Park, limited dates for horse races please visit Horse Park website (www.hrnd.org).
- 5.00 mile(s) from Prairiewood Golf Course
- 5.00 mile(s) from Rose Creek Golf Course
- 5.00 mile(s) from Thunder Road Mini Golf, family fun park
- 6 block(s) from Fargo Force Hockey, Tier 1 United States Hockey League. Play at the Scheels Arena.
- 6 mile(s) from Redhawks Baseball, Minor league baseball franchise of the independent Northern League. Games Held at Newman Outdoor Field
- 11.00 mile(s) from Meadows Public Golf
- 11.00 mile(s) from Village Green
- 3 mile(s) from FM Derby Girls, Location varies Wom
- Adjacent to Carino's Italian Grill, Full Service, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner, Great Italian
- Adjacent to Subway®, Fast Food, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- Across the street from Space Aliens Grill and Ba, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, Geared towards the younger crowd. A big hit with the kids. Great Sports lounge
- Across the street from Hu Hot Mongolian Grill, Full Service, Chinese, Open for: lunch, dinner, Make your own creation or order off menu
- 1.1 mile(s) from Pizza Ranch, Buffet, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, Full Salad Bar/ Pizza Bar/Chicken
- Across the street from Grazie's Italian Grill, Full Service, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- Across the street from Qdoba Mexican Grill, Fast Food, Mexican, Open for: lunch, dinner, Made to order burrito, taco, salsa
- 1.1 mile(s) from Long Horn Steakhouse, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, Great Hand cut Steaks,burgers, sandwiches
- Across the street from IHOP, Full Service, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch,
- Across the street from Dunn Bros Coffee, Coffee Shop, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch,
- 1.2 mile(s) from Starbucks® Coffee Co, Coffee Shop, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch,
- 0.5 mile(s) from Granite City, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, Great Burgers, salads and sandwiches
- 1 block(s) from Lucky's Pub, Pub, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, Burgers, sandwiches, salads
- .75 mile(s) from Famous Dave's, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, Best Bar-B-Que Ribs
- 1 mile(s) from Spicy Pie, Fast Food, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from Old Chicago Pizza and Pas, Pub, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 3 block(s) from Buffalo Wild Wings, Pub, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1.00 mile(s) from Red Lobster, Full Service, Seafood, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1.00 mile(s) from Denny's, Full Service, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 1.00 mile(s) from Olive Garden, Full Service, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner, 4339 13th Ave So Fargo, ND 58103
- 1.2 mile(s) from Kobe's Japanese Cuisine, Full Service, Japanese, Open for: lunch, dinner, Hibachi and Shushi
- 2.00 mile(s) from Texas Road House, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, Some of the best steaks in Fargo
- 1 mile(s) from Lone Star Steakhouse, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, Steaks, Burgers, Sandwiches
- Across the street from Smashburger, Fast Food, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, Great fast food burgers and more
- Across the street from Uncle Maddio's Pizza Join, Fast Food, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, Made to order pizza and more
Best Western Plus Kelly Inn & Suites
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Fargo. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean